Welcome to day five of the fourth annual #FallFlavors! We have 21 bloggers sharing over SIXTY recipes using fall ingredients like squash, apples, maple, pecans, and many more. Follow #FallFlavors to see all the delicious recipes on social media.
In my kitchen, quesadillas have always been one of my go-to’s for a quick and tasty meal any time of the day. We actually eat a lot of them for after school snacks or for a protein-packed dinner on-the-fly. Even on the worst days, I at least have cheese and tortillas on hand! However, my kids love simple, toasty quesadillas stuffed with chicken (rotisserie chicken from the store is a life-saver!) and cheese or refried beans and cheese. Evan and I really enjoy these flavorful and Spicy Two-Bean Southwestern Quesadillas as a main dish, and we often pair up them up with a bowl of this comforting Sopa de Fideo, to make it a more of hearty meal.
Another thing I love about quesadillas are how versatile they are, and lately we’ve been experimenting with breakfast quesadillas as well as other recipes that, at times, have us straying far from our Tex-Mex roots.
One of our favorite experimental flavor combinations so far has come around in the form of these simple Ham, Apple and Cheddar Quesadillas. A melty ham and cheddar quesadilla is a kid-approved favorite and standard fare around our house; but that simple combination became oh-so-elevated with the addition of some crisp, sweet slices of apple into those stacked tortillas.
How to make ham, cheddar and apple quesadillas
I like to make these Ham, Apple and Cheddar Quesadillas using low-carb tortillas, a smear of tangy apple cider vinegar salad dressing or honey mustard dressing, deli-sliced honey ham, and thin slices of a crisp, medium sweet apple.
Please do try my homemade Creamy Apple Cider Vinegar Salad Dressing if you make these quesadillas and any other recipes you see fit to go with it. I make it all year round, and it’s honestly one of my favorite salad dressings recipes of all time!
The first time I made this recipe, my picky 9-year-old girl, shuddered at the thought of apples mixed in with her ham and cheese. However, ham, cheddar and apple work together as a perfectly balanced mix of sweet and savory flavors. It’s a popular combination in many other sandwich recipes too. There’s a good reason for that…it’s delicious!
When it comes to quesadillas, I love to dip them. With our usual Tex-Mex, meat and cheese combos, I just have to have a bit of salsa, guacamole and sour cream on the side. However, with this flavorful, sweet-salty Ham, Apple and Cheddar version, I serve a side of homemade apple butter (recipe to be posted very soon!) or a dollop of fig preserves enjoy with them. We think either topping is a delicious match with the fantastic fall flavors in this toasty sandwich!
Think you’ll still be hungry? Well, pair the melty quesadilla up with a bowl of soup, fideo or a crisp green salad to make it more satisfying meal!
I hope y’all enjoy this simple recipe and celebrate the flavors of the season with some good food, family, friends and fun! xo – M
🌻🍂🎃More autumn-inspired recipes you might enjoy:
- The Ultimate Fall Crunch Salad
- Creamy Apple Cider Vinegar Salad Dressing
- Pumpkin Pie Baked Oatmeal
- How to Make Homemade Pumpkin Puree
Save this recipe on Pinterest!
Please check out one of my latest videos and subscribe to my YouTube channel for more recipes and livestreams!
Enter your email address below to have all of my new posts sent directly to your inbox! Never miss a new recipe or an update, subscribe now!
Please check out all the delicious recipes below from some of my talented food bloggers friends and Happy Fall, y’all! 🎃🌻🍂
Friday #FallFlavors Recipes
Appetizers and Beverages
- Delicious Cranberry Pecan Cheese Ball from Family Around The Table
- Pumpkin Spice White Russian from Our Crafty Cocktails
- Vegan Sweet Potato Cutlets from Magical Ingredients
- Cinnamon Chip Apple Muffins from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cranberry Walnut Bread from Hostess At Heart
- Pumpkin Banana Muffins from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Sun Dried Tomato Vinaigrette from Art of Natural Living
- Autumn Chicken Cobb Salad from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Ham, Apple and Cheddar Quesadillas from A Little Fish in the Kitchen
- Slow Cooker German Pork Roast from Palatable Pastime
- Air Fryer Candied Pecans from Devour Dinner
- Apple Cinnamon Chip Cookies from Sweet Beginnings
- Candy Corn Cookies from Best Cookie Recipes
- Ginger Apple Pear Crisp from Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Maple Brown Sugar Cookies with Candied Sage from The Spiffy Cookie
- Maple Pecan Biscotti from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Pumpkin Caramel Trifle Mason Jar Dessert from Our Crafty Mom
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars from Blogghetti
- Pumpkin Dump Cake from An Affair from the Heart
- Sweet Potato Cinnamon Roll Cake from Jen Around the World
Follow the Favorite Fall Recipes Facebook group and follow the Favorite Fall Flavors Pinterest board for more fall inspiration!
Ham, Apple and Cheddar QuesadillasCourse: Main, LunchCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
This Ham, Cheddar and Apple Quesadilla is a quick and simple way to celebrate the flavors of fall. It’s also a quick and delicious after school snack!
2 flour tortillas, (I used low-carb tortillas)
1 tablespoon creamy apple cider vinegar salad dressing or honey mustard salad dressing
4 slices of thin-sliced, deli honey-ham
1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (I used 2% sharp cheddar)
4 slices of a crisp, medium sweet apple (I used an Envy apple, but Honey Crisp or Pink Lady apples would also work well with this recipe)
- Lay tortillas flat on a cutting board or another work surface. Spread a very thin layer of salad dressing on each tortilla.
- Spread 1/4 cup shredded cheese on one tortilla and then layer the apple slices and ham on top of the cheese. Top layers with the remaining 1/4 cup of shredded cheese. Place the the second tortilla on top of the stack, dressing side down.
- Warm a skillet over medium heat. Carefully transfer to the prepared quesadilla to warm skillet. Toast for 3-4 minutes or until a light golden brown and then use a spatula to flip it over. Toast for 3-4 minutes more.
- Use a spatula to transfer the ham, apple and cheddar quesadilla to a plate. Use a pizza cutter to cut it into wedges. Serve with apple butter or fig preserves!
- Recipe from A Little Fish in the Kitchen blog at www.alittlefishinthekitchen.com. All content is owned by Marcelle G. Bolton. Please contact the author for permission to republish.
Apples and cheese are a favorite snack so this recipe is perfect in every way.
Perfect lunch with this recipe. And so simple too
These look great! Healthy, tasty, quick to make. Perfect. Thanks!
I made this for dinner last night! We just happened to have a couple of leftover tortillas, and all the other ingredients were also in the fridge. I have to admit that I used Trader Joe’s rosemary ham, and I have to say that the addition of rosemary in this quesadilla is amazing! I might actually add some fresh rosemary next time. Thanks for a great new recipe in our lives.
Hi David, I’m so glad you enjoyed the recipe! I will have to try some rosemary mixed in sometime, for sure! 🙂 Thank you so much for giving it a try!
This is a simple and delicious meal with the perfect flavor combos!
These are quintessential fall flavors and a favorite snack in our house. We love making this recipe and do so often.
These are a go to healthy snack or quick lunch in our house and love that you added the apple!
Perfect timing, I’ve been searching for some easy lunches that don’t create a lot of dishes!
This is the perfect lunch or snack. Great idea! I need to try that apple cider dressing.
Such a great flavor combnination and these would be delicious for lunches!
I’m really liking the addition of the ham with the apple and cheddar. It makes a delicious meal or snack.
A great combo of Fall flavours! Simple quick to make, and so delicious.
Thank you so much, Angie!