This is my first time participating in #PumpkinWeek, and I’m so excited to be here with some of my favorite food bloggers.
It’s that time of year again… my favorite time of the year: pumpkin-spice-everything-season! Truthfully, I enjoy using pumpkin, apple, and warm spices as ingredients all year long. But, when summer is coming to a close and pumpkin patch signs, plaid decor, and sunflowers starting popping up all over the place, the mood for those comforting flavors really sets in.
We’ve had an unusually early change in the weather in my neck of the woods, it’s normally really hot here until/through November. However, in the last two weeks, we’ve had less humidity, less heat, fewer swarms of crazy summer bugs, and a fantastical, persistent cool breeze! We are nowhere near busting out scarves and hats here, but this break in the blistering heat has certainly added some magic into the onset of the fall season.
I knew the first recipe I wanted to share for #PumpkinWeek was for these simple, old-fashioned pumpkin apple muffins. This recipe has it all: a hearty, moist crumb, sweetness, and a dreamy symphony of fall flavors that come from combining pumpkin puree and fresh apple bits with warm pumpkin pie spice!
How to make pumpkin-apple muffins.
All you need to make this classic recipe are common baking ingredients such as flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt. However, the star ingredients for this recipe are pumpkin puree, freshly chopped tart apple, and pumpkin pie spice! I love to make homemade pumpkin puree when I get the opportunity to do so, it’s really very easy to do. But, I have no qualms at all about using quality canned pumpkin in my baked goods. In fact, I usually keep a few cans in my pantry all year long because sometimes a girl just needs a pumpkin pie topped with copious amounts of fresh whipped cream in April or June! It happens, y’all.
I hope you enjoy this simple and delicious recipe for pumpkin-apple muffins! Keep scrolling and please check out the amazing recipes shared by all of the #PumpkinWeek bloggers below, I just know you’ll be happy you did!
Happy baking and stay safe, y’all!!
Wouldn’t you like to stay awhile? Sign-up here to receive all of my new posts in your inbox! Subscribe now and never miss a recipe or an update!
Check out one of my latest videos!
You’ll definitely want to Pin this recipe for later, y’all!
Pumpkin-Apple MuffinsCourse: Breakfast, BrunchCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter, melted and slightly cooled
2 large eggs, beaten
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 medium Granny Smith apple, cored, peeled and finely chopped
3 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Grease the wells of a standard-size muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray or line with silicone liners and set aside.
- Combine the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, sugar, and pumpkin pie spice in a large bowl. In a separate medium-size bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, melted butter, and beaten eggs.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour the wet mixture into the bowl. Stir all ingredients with a wooden spoon until just combined. Spoon the batter into the wells of the prepared muffin pan until each well is 2/3 full.
- In a small bowl, combine 3 tablespoons sugar and 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice and sprinkle the mixture evenly over each muffin. Bake for 20 minutes and remove muffins from the pan immediately when done. Cool on a rack.
- Enjoy with a cup of tea or fresh-brewed coffee!
- Recipe from A Little Fish in the Kitchen blog at www.alittlefishinthekitchen.com. All content is owned by Marcelle G. Bolton. Please contact the author for permission to republish.
Enjoy these #PumpkinWeek recipes from our bloggers.
- Hot Pumpkin Apple Cider by Palatable Pastime
Breakfast and Baked Goods
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Spice Amish Friendship Bread by For the Love of Food
- Copycat Starbucks Pumpkin Bread by Big Bear’s Wife
- Cranberry Pumpkin Sourdough Bread by The Spiffy Cookie
- Disney’s Pumpkin Muffins by Simply Inspired Meals
- Easy Pumpkin Bread by Veggies First Then Dessert
- Easy Pumpkin Monkey Bread by Love & Confections
- Keto Pumpkin Bread by Keto Basic AF
- Pumpkin Cranberry Bread Recipe by Blogghetti
- Pumpkin Croissants by The Redhead Baker
- Pumpkin Pie Protein Smoothie by Our Sutton Place
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodles by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Pumpkin Spice Granola by The Mandatory Mooch
- Pumpkin-Apple Muffins by A Little Fish in the Kitchen
- Vegan Pumpkin Spiced Crepes by Happily Curated Chaos
- Fall Harvest Chowder by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pumpkin Cheddar Grits with Bacon and Apples by Sweet Beginnings
- Pumpkin Chili by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Pumpkin Ravioli by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Spiced Pumpkin Hummus by Our Good Life
- Spicy Thai Curry Pumpkin Noodle Soup by Making Miracles
- Candied Pumpkin Pie by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Easy Pumpkin Turnovers w/ a Chocolate Candy Drizzle by The Freshman Cook
- Maple Pumpkin Cheesecake by Shockingly Delicious
- Pumpkin Macarons by April Golightly
- Tikvenik – (Bulgarian Pumpkin Strudel) by Caroline’s Cooking