Quick skillet meals, like this easy cheeseburger macaroni skillet, are quite possibly my favorite things to make right now. I’ve always cooked often, but with my kids at home full time lately it seems I’m in the kitchen more than ever. On the daily I’m wearing all the hats: mom, teacher, counselor, p.e. coach, janitor and cafeteria lady!
I’ve been depending heavily on my small hoard of fast, simple dinner recipes to get us through the week, and this cheeseburger macaroni skillet is one of our all-time favorite dishes. There are always smiles (0% moaning and groaning is always welcome here!) when I announce this dish is what’s for dinner! As an added bonus, there are rarely leftovers between the four of us, and I’ll never complain about not having to dirty another dish.
This satisfying, classic meal comes together in just minutes using only a handful of ingredients. I like to serve this with a side of buttery veggies and either fresh-baked cornbread or biscuits. I hope you all enjoy this quick and easy supper too.
Happy eating, everyone!
You’ll definitely want to Pin this recipe for later, y’all!
Here’s my latest You Tube video where you can watch me make this cheeseburger macaroni skillet for you! Be sure to subscribe when you visit, I’ve got lots more cooking videos coming out soon!
Sign-up here to receive all of my posts right to your inbox! Subscribe now and never miss a recipe or an update!
Cheeseburger Macaroni SkilletCourse: DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
This tasty homemade cheeseburger macaroni skillet comes together in just minutes and is packed with comforting flavors. This
1 pound ground turkey or lean ground beef
8 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni or another type of small pasta you have on hand (ex. mini penne or rotini)
3 cups beef broth or 3 cups water with appropriate amont of beef bouillion cubes or paste
3 tablespoons ketchup
1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard (I used French’s brand)
1 – 2 teaspooon Worchestershire sauce
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
1 cup shredded mild or sharp cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, brown the ground meat until it is no longer pink. Once the meat is browned, drain the meat if the drippings are excessive.
- Stir in the uncooked pasta, broth, milk, dry seasonings, ketchup, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce. Bring the liquid to a boil and then reduce to a simmer.
- Cook, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until the pasta is tender. Stir in the shredded cheese and mix well. Remove pan from the heat and allow the cheeseburger macaroni to cool on a rack for about 10 minutes. Sauce will thicken more as it cools.
- Serve with a side of veggies and cornbread or biscuits. Enjoy!
- Recipe as published on A Little Fish in the Kitchen at www.alittlefishinthekitchen.com. All content is owned by Marcelle G. Bolton. Please contact the author for permission to republish.