Today I’m sharing our family favorite recipe for this simple chocolate sauce! This sauce is an absolutely perfect compliment to ice cream and/or cake… especially buttery pound cake!
We have also been known to serve this dip alongside a fruit tray. We sure enjoy dipping strawberries, bananas, and pineapples slices into this chocolate sauce for an extra decadent afternoon or game day snack!
How to make a simple chocolate sauce.
All you need to whip up a batch of this delicious chocolate sauce are five little ingredients: semi-sweet chocolate, butter, sugar, evaporated milk, and vanilla extract! It comes together in just minutes on the stovetop, and if you are really in a pinch for time, you could make this in the microwave for an extra speedy preparation.
It also stores for a couple of weeks in the refrigerator… but in my experience, it rarely lasts that long!
The holidays will be here in a snap, and a mason jar full of this luscious sauce is an inexpensive and delicious gift to give from your kitchen!
#Choctoberfest 2020 is winding down, and I hope you’ve had as much fun as I have. I’ve seen so many new chocolate recipes I can’t wait to try!! Please share this post with all your chocoholic friends and family.
Enjoy the recipe for my favorite simple chocolate sauce and happy eating, y’all!!
Friends, don’t forget to visit my #Choctoberfest welcome post from Monday and enter for a chance to win this amazing prize!! There are just a few hours left in the contest!
Y’all will definitely want to Pin this recipe for later!
Wouldn’t you like to stay awhile? Sign-up here to receive all of my new posts in your inbox! Subscribe now and never miss a recipe or an update!
My Favorite Simple Chocolate SauceCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
2 oz semi-sweet chocolate (4 squares from a chocolate baking bar)
2 tablespoons salted butter
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3/4 cup evaporated milk
- Melt chocolate squares and butter in a small sauce pan over medium heat
- Once butter and chocolate are melted, stir in the sugar and mix well. Add in the evaporated milk and use a whisk to combine all the ingredients to a smooth consistency.
- Bring the chocolate mixture to a boil. Allow to boil for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove the pan from the heat. Transfer to a storage bowl or a mason jar and allow it cool for 20 minutes. Sauce will thicken slightly as it cools.
- Serve over ice cream or cake and enjoy!
- Recipe from A Little Fish in the Kitchen blog at www.alittlefishinthekitchen.com. All content is owned by Marcelle G. Bolton. Please contact the author for permission to republish.
Friday’s #Choctoberfest recipes!!
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!Click here to enter
I love chocolate sauce in many things, and can imagine this will be a great gift especially this year when I won’t be able to do a lot of shopping. Thanks, Marcelle! (Love the new hair!)
Hi David, thank you!! <3
Very nice! I could think of lots of ways to use this sauce!
So so yummy! I like how simple the recipe is and the result is amazing.