Dinner salads are officially my new favorite thing of 2020, y’all. I know fancy dinner salads have been hot items on restaurant menus for a long time, but now they are hot on our weekly meal plan. Especially the ones that don’t require even an itty bitty bit of cooking!
It’s crazy hot outside, y’all. And I’ll take every opportunity I’m given not to heat up the kitchen. Thank you very much!
Even though this bacon cheeseburger salad with secret sauce salad dressing does require just a little bit of cooking, it gets a pass because it is so darn good! Honest to goodness, we are making this hearty salad once a weekly lately. This salad is especially welcome on our weekly grilling night where hamburgers are typically on the menu. I just crumble up a grilled patty or two to top my salad and it’s just mealtime magic, y’all.
Serving this bacon cheeseburger salad on the regular is a trend I’m completely fine with. It’s an easy, tasty, versatile meal that can be tweaked to accommodate the whole family. I just set up a burger bar with some of our favorite fixings and let everyone build their own salad.
This bacon cheeseburger salad also makes a fantastic gluten-free and low-carb accommodation for any member of the family or the dinner guest list has to go bunless at your next barbecue. Believe me, nobody will even miss the bun, I know I haven’t yet.
The possibilities are endless with this bacon cheeseburger salad. Make it your way, folks, and enjoy!
I’d love for y’all to stay awhile! Sign up here to receive all of my posts right to your inbox! Subscribe now and never miss a new recipe or update!
You’ll definitely want to Pin this one for later, y’all!
MY LATEST VIDEO!
Bacon Cheeseburger Salad with Secret Sauce Salad DressingCourse: MainCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
1 lb ground beef, turkey or chicken
(please see notes below for a serving suggestion)
Your favorite burger seasonings
- For the salad
4 cups salad greens of your preference
(I used a bag of Romaine salad mix)
Jar of dill pickle hamburger slices
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, rinsed
and sliced into halves
1/4 of an onion, thinly sliced
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, or
other cheese of your choice
6 slices bacon, crispy cooked
and crumbled into bits
1 small avocado, peeled and cubed (optional)
pickled jalapeno slices (optional)
any other topping you love on your hamburger
- Secret Sauce Salad Dressing
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon yellow mustard
3-4 teaspoons ketchup (to taste)
1 heaping teaspoon dill pickle relish
1 heaping teaspoon sweet relish
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- Make your secret sauce salad dressing. In a small bowl, mix all of the ingredients together and stir well. Cover dressing and set aside or cover and place dressing in the refrigerator to chill, as you prefer.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook ground meat until done. Drain drippings from meat and return to the skillet.. Season to taste with your favorite burger seasonings. (We often use a mixture of McCormick’s Grill Mates Hamburger Seasoning and Worcestershire sauce). Set pan with seasoned meat aside.
- Divide the salad greens evenly between two dinner plates. Place 3/4 cup burger meat mixture in the center of each bed of greens. Surround with your chosen burger toppings and top with onions slices, if desired (see picture above or please watch the video for further reference).
- Store any unused ground meat for another use. Top with Secret Sauce Salad Dressing and enjoy!
- If you are cooking out or have hamburgers on the menu, simply crumbled a cooked burger patty or two (depending on the size) onto your salad instead of cooking the ground meat!
- Recipe as published on A Little Fish in the Kitchen at www.alittlefishinthekitchen.com. All content is owned by Marcelle G. Bolton. Please contact the author for permission to republish.
Its a nice way to enjoy the taste of a burger but without the carbs and calories of a bun.
We eat big salads for dinner at least a couple of times a week at this time of the year. So we’re always on the search for new ideas. This is a beauty! Neat recipe — thanks.
Hello John!! Thank you so much!
I’ve never had a salad like this before! But cheeseburgers are one of my favorite things, so I’m positive that I’d love it. I’m really interested in the dressing, too.
Hello Jeff, we really love it, I hope y’all do too! Thank you!
my kind of salad!! 🙂
It’s so versatile, Grace! Thank you!!
This is so much fun — and I bet even the kids enjoy it!
Hey there, David! Thank you!!
I need this salad in my life! So delicious, filling and versatile…and that sauce seems easy to make yet so tasty.
Hey Angie! We love it, hope you do too! Thank you!