If you are in need of a quick dinner idea that is satisfying and packed with veggies, look no further than this post! This recipe for tortellini with veggies and spinach pesto is healthful, satisfying and pretty easy on the eyes too.
How to make spinach pesto.
This recipe for tortellini with veggies and spinach pesto uses store-bought, frozen tortellini and combines it with freshly sauteed zucchini, mushrooms and onions. It’s then topped with a super fresh and delightfully green spinach pesto!
This easy version of spinach pesto is made with fresh baby spinach, fragrant fresh basil and a small measure of bottled Ceasar vinagrette for an amazing extra pop of flavor. The Ceasar vinaigrette conveniently adds notes of Parmesan cheese, garlic as well as other wonderful, briny flavors into this simple supper!
This dish is light, yet hearty and trust me, it will fill you up quick! This colorful vegetarian main dish is also packed with nutrient dense fresh veggies. You’re bod will thank you for the added layers of iron, folic acid, ands vitamin C, B6, B9, as well as the many other antioxidants you’ll be consuming when your eat this rustic-looking meal for dinner.
This is yet another post in which I will mention how perfect this dish pairs up with garlicky, fresh-baked breadsticks!
Happy eating, y’all!
Watch one of my latest YouTube cooking video and be sure to subscribe for more recipes and live streams!!
Wouldn’t you like to stay a while? Sign up here to receive all of my posts by email! Subscribe now and never miss a recipe or and update!
Tortellini With Veggies & Spinach PestoCourse: MainCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
I use store-bought, frozen tortellini to make this simple, but delicious Tortellini with Veggies and Spinach Pesto. It’s a nutrious and flavorful meatless maindish or a tasty side!
Bag (9 oz) of frozen cheese tortellini
2 medium zucchini, sliced and halved
8 oz button mushrooms, rinsed and sliced
1/2 cup sweet yellow onion, coarsely chopped
1/2 teaspoon each, salt and pepper, or to taste
8 oz fresh baby spinach, rinsed and drained
1/3 cup fresh basil
2 tablespoons water
1/4 -1/3 cup Ceasar vinaigrette dressing (I used Ken’s Steakhouse brand)
Shredded parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Cook tortellini according to package directions, drain and set it aside.
- In a large skillet, saute the zucchini, mushrooms and onions until onions are transluscent and the veggies are just tender. Remove skillet from the heat and set aside.
- Place spinach, basil, water and Ceasar dressing into a food processor or blender and pulse until pesto sauce becomes smooth. (Depending on the size of your equipment, you may have to do this in two batches). Next, add 1/4 cup of the salad dressing and pulse the pesto again. Add the remainder of the dressing and more, one tablespoon at a time, if it is needed to reach a smooth consistency. (Watch the recipe video below, if you want a full tutorial for this recipe!)
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked tortellini and the vegetables. Fold in the pesto and stir until the pasta and veggies are evenly coated with the sauce.
- Transfer tortellini and veggie mixture to individual serving bowls and top with shredded Parmesan cheese. This dish is great served warm or at room-temperature.
- Recipe as published on A Little Fish in the Kitchen at www.alittlefishinthekitchen.com. All content is owned by Marcelle G. Bolton. Please contact the author for permission to republish.