|I used Minneola tangelo sections this time because we had a bowl full of them. They are so good!|
I really love it how it’s always been: simple, delicious and exactly how I remember eating it lifetimes ago when I was a kid.
And, whatever you do or don’t do when it comes to old-fashioned ambrosia, if you are able to enjoy these little extras, don’t forget to garnish your serving with whipped cream and chopped nuts! Those two toppings really take this dish from modest fruit salad to heavenly dessert!
Happy Mother’s Day to all the wonderful, hard-working mother’s out their who try there best to create memories and traditions with their kids in today’s hectic world. I truly hope you had a fun-filled day with family and friends!
Ambrosia printable recipe
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 60 min
- 5 medium, ripe naval oranges (or other similar citrus such as Minneola tangelos or tangerines)
- 1 can (20oz) crushed pineapple in juice (I used Dole brand in 100% pineapple juice)
- 1/2 cup sweetend, shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract (or sub vanilla extract for a nut-free version, dish color may change slightly)
- whipped topping or whipped cream, if desired, for topping
- finely chopped, toasted pecans another type of nut you prefer (optional)
1. Peel the oranges and separate into sections. Slice the sections into halves or thirds, as you prefer.
Please be sure to follow me by email so you’ll never miss a post!!
Enter your email address:
Delivered by FeedBurner