I’ve seen finger sandwiches like these served at all kinds of occasions, especially baby showers, bridal showers and early afternoon wedding receptions. I fell in love with the concept though, and I’ll serve them at most any kind of get-together that I can like birthday parties, family barbecues or a relaxed evening with friends hanging out on the patio.
There are lots of classic, delicious choices for filling finger sandwiches such as egg salad, ham salad, tuna salad and of course, there are loads of cold cut/cheese combinations.
I mentioned to a friend of mine that I planned to post about cucumber finger sandwiches this weekend and her response was “like the kind served at fancy tea parties?!”. I giggled and reassured her that she could safely put her pinky finger down and enjoy these cute, little sandwiches with a chilled cocktail, glass of wine or beer… or of course, tea!
Kitchen Equipment Tip: An all-purpose grater like this one is a great tool to keep around in the kitchen –> https://amzn.to/2Mx0NGi
Cucumber Finger Sandwiches printable recipe
- 1 large cucumber, partially peeled and grated (use the large section of your grater for this
- 1/4 of a small onion, finely grated or two green onions, finely sliced
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, room temperature ( I used Neufchatel cheese)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (I used reduced calorie Kraft brand)
- dash or two onion powder
- dash or two garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- dash or two of finely ground white pepper
A Little Fish in the Kitchen participates in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. Blog posts may contain affiliate links to products I honestly use and love. I earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you, to help with blog expenses when you make a purchase through an affiliate link. I thank you so much for your support!
Thank you to the host of this week’s Sunday Supper Movement recipe event, Christie Campbell. Please be sure to visit her over at her blog, A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures !
Sunday Supper Small Bites Recipes for Entertaining
- Crispy Prosciutto Cups with Pear & Mascarpone by The Crumby Cupcake
- Cucumber Finger Sandwiches by A Little Fish in the Kitchen
- Fiesta Pinwheels by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Grilled Polenta Bruschetta by Simple and Savory
- Spinach Feta Pinwheels by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Sweet Sriracha Almonds by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Waffled Twice Baked Potato Pancake Bites by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Wild Mushroom and Grape Crostini by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Bacon-wrapped Chorizo and Date Skewers – Brochetas de Chorizo y Datiles by Food Lust People Love
- Chicken Caprese Bites by Books n’ Cooks
- Chicken Sausage & Fig Naan Bites by Soulfully Made
- Crab Stuffed Mushrooms by My Savory Spoon
- Easy Chicken Pesto and Sun Dried Tomato Croissants by Jonesin’ For Taste
- Grass Fed Beef Meatballs and Cauliflower Cilantro Smear by Our Good Life
- Greek Chicken Gyro Mini Meatballs with Tzatziki Sauce by Hardly A Goddess
- Mini Salmon Cakes with Anise Aioli by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Salmon Poke on Wonton Crisps by Authentically Candace
- Sausage Stuffed Jalapenos by Gourmet Everyday
- Tuscan Chicken Bites by The Freshman Cook
- Healthy Meringue Bites with Raspberry Yogurt by Cricket’s Confections
- Lemon Bars with Poppy Seed Shortbread by Pies and Plots
- Lime Mascarpone Cheesecake Shooters by Caroline’s Cooking
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.