Those of you that have followed me for a while now know that breakfast on the weekends at our place is kind of a big deal. My kids and I like to work (more like play!) to together and make something extra special to eat on our lazy weekend mornings. Some of our favorite, go-to family recipes are homemade cinnamon rolls, biscuits, waffles and pancakes! Yes, it’s basically a total carb fest here on Saturday and Sunday and we love it!
Recently, a new love has entered into our weekend breakfast-party rotation… pumpkin pancakes! Now, I know we are really late to the pumpkin pancake party, but believe me we are here to stay.
These pumpkin-packed pancakes are a terrific breakfast treat as they are fluffy and flavorful…and pretty healthy too.
Pumpkin Pancakes printable recipe
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Servings: 4-5
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons salted butter, melted and slightly cooled
1. Melt the butter in a small bowl and set it aside so it can cool slightly. Next, in a medium-size bowl combine the flour, spices, baking powder and sugars. Set the bowl with dry ingredients aside.
2. Combine pumpkin puree, beaten eggs, milk, butter. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the pumpkin mixture. Use a wooden spoon to mix batter until it is just combined. Be careful not to over mix the batter!
3. Lightly coat a skillet with non-stick cooking spray and heat a skillet over low-medium heat. Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup pour batter into skillet evenly in the center. Wait for a few bubbles to rise to the top of the pancake and carefully use a spatula to flip it over. Wait one minute and use spatula to remove the pancake
4.Cover pancakes with a kitchen towel to help keep them warm until all pancakes are done. Serve with maple syrup or fresh fruit and whipped cream and enjoy!