I’m not sure what it is about these last few days and participating in #Choctoberfest, but I’ve pretty much had “party food” on the brain! That being said, these little white chocolate tartlets are another recipe I love to whip up during the holidays.
Seriously, I’ve found it
difficult impossible to steer myself away from only wanting to share some of my favorite, ultra-festive holiday desserts with you all!
These petite tartlets are made with a simple yet decadent white chocolate filling and are truly one of my go-to, small-bite recipes when it comes to big celebrations.
I love them for a couple of reasons. Firstly, they are delicious (I figure this reason should always be number one for why you love any recipe!) Secondly, you can make them match any occasion with a little bit of food-coloring and sprinkles!
Now I just wish we were having a creepy costume party to go with them. I definitely know a few ghouls who will gobble these up! Please tag me in pics if you make some, I’d love to see how you dress them up!!
Don’t forget to visit my original post about #Choctoberfest and enter the big giveaway from our sponsors!! It’s an amazing prize pack worth over $400!! Best of luck, y’all!
White Chocolate Tartlets printable recipe
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook/Chill Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Yield: 3 dozen tartletts
- 1 (15 oz) package refrigerated pie crusts
- 2 cups quality white chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/4 cup milk or cream
- 2 cups homemade or store-bought whipped cream
- gel food coloring (optional)
- seasonal sprinkles (optional)
1. Allow the refrigerated pie-crusts to go room temperature. Pre-heat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, unfold each pie crust. Use a 2-1/2 inch or 3-inch round cookie cutter to cut out several circles of dough. You will have to form the the scraps of dough into disks and re-roll them out to use up all the pie crust dough.
2. Carefully press circles of pie crust into the cavities of a mini-muffin pan (be sure to grease cavities lightly with non-stick spray, if not using a non-stick pan). Prick each mini-tart crust once with a fork. Bake for 10- 15 minutes until edges of mini-crusts are lightly browned. Remove pan from oven, set on cooling rack and allow pan to cool completely. Repeat process until all mini-tart crusts are baked and ready to fill. Set the prepared pie crusts aside and make the white chocolate filling.
3. Using a medium-size sauce pan combine white chocolate chips, butter and milk. Over medium heat, melt white chocolate chip mixture, stirring it regularly until completely melted and smooth.
Remove pot from heat, place on a cooling rack and allow to cool for 20 minutes. Fold in one cup of the whipped cream.
4. If you want to color the white chocolate tart filling, separate the filling into separate small bowls and color as you desire. Use a teaspoon to fill prepared mini-crusts with the white chocolate mixture and then refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow filling to set.
5. Use a piping bag and a small star tip to top the tarts with remaining whipped cream and refrigerate until ready to serve. Top with seasonal sprinkles just before serving. Enjoy!!
Please click the link below to make sure you never miss a post!! xoxo -M
Subscribe to A Little Fish in the Kitchen by Email