Corn on the cob and all of it’s golden, yellow glory is pretty much the perfect summertime side dish, if you ask me!
Wouldn’t you like to stay awhile? Sign-up here to receive all of my new posts in your inbox! Subscribe now and never miss a recipe or an update!
You will definitely want to Pin this recipe for later, y’all!
Corn & Black Bean Salad with Smoky Honey-Lime DressingCourse: vegetables and salad
4 large ears of fresh, sweet corn, husks and silk removed or sub one can (15 oz) of sweet corn kernels, drained
1 can (15 oz) black bean, rinsed and drained
1 small green bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
1 cup cherry tomatoes, rinsed, sliced or halved
1 large stalk celery, finely chopped
4 pieces bacon, crispy cooked and crumbled into bit (reserve at least 2 tablespoons drippings)
2 tablespoons reserved bacon drippings or another light cooking oil
2-3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, or Italian parsley, coarsely chopped
1 small avocado (optional)
3/4 cup Mexican cotija cheese (optional)
Extra teaspoon chopped fresh herbs for garnish
- Smoky-Honey Lime Dressing
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons lime juice
2 tablespoon honey
1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
dash or two of both salt and pepper (to taste)
- Make the smokey honey-lime dressing first. Combine all the dressing ingredients on the list in a small bowl. Stir, cover and set aside.
- Rinse and clean corn cobs and pat dry with paper towels. Over a large bowl, carefully use a sharp knife to remove the corn kernels from the cob. Discard the corn cobs.
- Heat one tablespoon of the reserved bacon drippings or another light cooking oil in a large skillet. Add the fresh corn kernels and cook until just tender (about 2-3 minutes). Remove the pan from the heat and transfer corn kernel back to a large bowl. Allow to cool for about 15 minutes.
- Add the bean, chopped veggies and chopped jalapeno to the corn and mix well. Fold in the chopped cilantro and bacon bits.
- Just before serving, peel, pit and chop the avocado. Gently fold the avocado and crumbled cotija cheese into the salad. Give smokey honey-lime dressing a quick stir and pour evenly over the salad. Toss lightly with spoons to coat.
- Garnish with extra chopped herbs and serve immediately. Enjoy!
- Two cans (15 oz) of sweet corn kernels (drained), or 4 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed can be substituted for fresh corn, if preferred
- If using avocado and cheese in this recipe, be sure to add those ingredients just before serving for best results.
- from A Little Fish in the Kitchen at https://www.littlefishinthekitchen.com. Please contact the author for permission to republish.