|Fudgy Nutella Brownies. Cooled for 25 minutes and still a bit warm.|
I live in a house with an entire family of self-professed Nutella addicts. And, yes, this description includes me. We love to eat it on bread, toast, crackers, apples, waffles and the list just goes on and on! Our addiction is a pretty big deal and we don’t ever leave the grocery store without a new jar.
For the first time last year I began incorporating this heavenly product into my baking. Last summer, I made a few cakes using Nutella as a swirl filling. Well, in 2015 my use of this chocolate-spread of-the-gods has evolved and in this recipe I used it as a base! (I’m pretty sure I saw fireworks go off in the distance as I typed that last sentence!)
I cruise around the internet often and I’ve seen tons of other brownie recipes posted. I chose to create this one on my own based on my previous brownie baking experiences and preferences. Several other recipes I came across all called for two or even three eggs in a small batch of brownies which would make the end product very cake-like. If I want a light, fluffy chocolate cake, I’ll bake one. But, today I wanted brownies. Brownies are supposed to be ooey, gooey, chewy and super fudgy, in my opinion. So, that’s what we were going for!
It doesn’t happen this way all the time when I try something new, but I’ve gotta tell you all that these brownies turned out amazing and are by far some of the best I’ve ever baked to date! Here’s the basic description for you: soft, chewy, delicious chocolate-hazelnut flavored brownies with hints of vanilla and coffee. Yeah. Uh, huh. It was a simple yet pretty impressive weeknight dessert!
Fudgy Nutella Brownie
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 stick butter (tbsp), melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 jar Nutella (13 oz) (yes, you read that right. The whole jar!)
- 3 tbsp hot, fresh-brewed coffee
1. Pre-heat oven to 350° . Combine the first 4 ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
2. In a medium-size mixing bowl, stir the melted butter, sugar, egg, vanilla together. Gradually fold in the Nutella and stir until all the wet ingredients are mixed well. Add the hot coffee to the Nutella mixture.
3. Add the dry ingredients into the Nutella mixture (half at a time) and stir with a wooden spoon or spatula until everything is just incorporated. Don’t over mix your batter!
4. The batter will be thick and you will have to spread it, evenly, into a very lightly greased 9×9 inch pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
5. Allow to cool completely (or pretty darn close) before serving.
I hope you make time to try a batch…please drop me a note if you do!
|Cooled to room temperature here and still moist and chewy!|