Cheddar Cheese-Veggie Soup
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional for topping)
1. In a heated Dutch oven, melt butter and add all diced vegetables. Saute in the butter for about 6 minutes or until tender.
2. Sprinkle flour over vegetables and stir well.
3. Pour in chicken broth, one cup at a time and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; and simmer for about 10 -15 minutes. Broth should thicken up as the mixture is heated.
4. Remove soup from heat and stir in milk and cheeses. Stir until cheeses are melted. Soup will continue to thicken slightly as it cools.
5. Top with with crumbled bacon just before serving.