I’m pretty sure we all love meals that meet this general description: quick, healthy, satisfying, and tasty!
Those happy adjectives definitely apply to these sausage and pepper hoagies and that’s why this recipe is always near the top of my list of go-to quickie meals.
These simple sandwiches take just minutes to make and they are absolutely packed with big flavors.
To be 100% honest, my fussy kids usually pick the peppers and onions off of their buns and it ends up more like a simple meatball sub for them. But, all pepper-picking-off aside, I’m just tickled that they at least love the delicious combination of Italian sausage, marinara and provolone cheese.
I’m also tickled when I watch them enjoy a modest homemade meal as if it was gourmet takeout!
I hope your family enjoys this no-fuss meal as much as mine does.
August is National Sandwich Month, y’all and I posted this recipe to share with lots of other talented bloggers that participate in the Sunday Supper Movement recipe share events. Please check out their recipe contributions below! Also thanks to this week’s Sunday Supper Event host, Em Beitel. Be sure to visit her blog Life Tastes Good!
Easy Sausage and Pepper Hoagies printable recipe
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage links, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 small green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cups marinara sauce, warmed
- 5-6 slices provolone cheese
- 5-6 fresh hoagie buns or French-style rolls, sliced
Simple Sandwich Recipes That Will Make You Love Lunch #SundaySupper
Any day ‘Wiches
- Breakfast Burrito Sandwich on the Go by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Choco Sandwich by Basic N Delicious
- Whole30 Sundried Tomato Turkey Sliders by Bites of Wellness
- Ham & Spinach Breakfast Sandwich by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Low Carb Breakfast Sandwich by Lowcarb-ology
- Matcha Ice Cream Teatime Sandwiches by NinjaBaker.com
- Maple Almond Ice Cream Sandwiches by Pies and Plots
- Chicken Spiedies by Positively Stacey
- Dark Chocolate Cherry Dessert Grilled Cheese by The Crumby Kitchen
Any time ‘Wiches
- BLFGT Sandwich (Bacon Lettuce Fried Green Tomato) by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Sausage and Pepper Hoagies by A Little Fish in the Kitchen
- Dijon Mustard Glazed Juicy Pulled Pork Sliders by Daily Dish Recipes
- Southern Sweet Tea Brined Chicken Biscuit Sandwich by Gourmet Everyday
- Muffuletta by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- California Club Sandwich Recipe by Life Tastes Good
- The Rachel by Our Good Life
- Smoked Salmon on Croissant by Palatable Pastime
- Chicken Salad Sandwich by Restless Chipotle
- Authentic Cuban Sandwich by Soulfully Made
- Utlimate veggie sandwich by Authentically Candace
- Tuna Bacon Salsa Wrap by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Peanut Butter and Pepperoni Sandwich by Cricket’s Confections
- Dill Pickle Bacon Grilled Cheese by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Eggplant Parmesan Sandwich by Healing Tomato
- Grilled Eggplant, Zucchini and Mushroom Sandwich by Mysavoryspoon
- Mediterranean Veggie Sandwich by Simple and Savory
- Italian Pressed Sandwich by Sunday Supper Movement
- Brie, Jam and Salami Sandwich by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chipotle Chicken Sandwich by The Freshman Cook
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.